Mise en place

There's a culinary term Mise en place that means that everything is in its place.  Everything is ready to go and you are all ready to start preparing a new dish.  

After I'm done putting my weekly drawing away and getting my photos set up for the next week, I clean off my workspace (my teeny tiny workspace) and do a new set up.  Here are the basic tools of my trade....

Pencils:  regular pencil for my preliminary sketches, grey charcoal pencil, black charcoal pencil and mechanical pencil.  I always mix / blend my pencil and charcoal on the paper.  I don't know why or how I came up with this.  I read constantly that the two don't blend together, but for some reason, its always worked for me.  I don't use any special type of pencil, that's for sure.

Blending tools - tortillons, pointy Q tips, blunt Q tips, kleenex.

Erasers:  plain eraser, soft art eraser, and mechanical eraser.  I don't know what I'll do when my eraser gets spent up, because its my favorite and I have absolutely no clue where I bought it from or where to get another one!  

Sharpener:  I sure wish I could find a type of sharpener that lasts longer.  This is technically only good for a few pictures, then I have to buy another one.   But they are cheap, so its not a big deal.