WEEK 1 (Weekly Drawings 2019)

This week I'm gonna introduce you to my nephew Evan.  He's carrying his son Thomas on his shoulders. If I recall, in this pic they are off to visit Santa Claus.  Have you ever watched the parents carrying their kids in the lineup on their way to visit Santa?  Its hilarious.  I just might do a few more drawings on the "how to hold your baby" theme.  The kids are usually so squirmy they are half falling out of their parent's arms.  And these days the parent is usually giving attention to their cell phone as well.  Lots of good body positions to see! 

I chose a fairly easy pic to draw from this week - just because it's a busy time of year, plus its nice to get one's confidence up at the start. 


I also chose to do this pic - well - because I want to draw people in my life, but also because I liked the composition of it.  To me - its almost like an abstract.  Its a bunch of curved lines (normal for me) and a few straight lines (which I try to keep to a minimum).  Its also a bit silly, which I like - because Thomas (TJ) is sitting up there so comfortably... as though he's riding an elephant (which is just the kind of thing TJ would do if he could find an elephant)


Update:  Thomas said he likes the drawing and he was impressed that I got his watch in the picture.  To be honest, I didn't know that was a watch.  I do like his arm a lot though.  Baby's arms are so squeezable and pinch-able.   I found out that the term for that kinda thing is cute aggression.  


Cute aggression is a superficially aggressive behavior caused by seeing something cute such as a human baby or young animal.  People experiencing cute aggression may grit their teeth, clench their fists, or feel the urge to pinch and squeeze something they consider cute, while not actually causing or intending to cause any harm.


The reason we experience cute aggression is because when we find something sooo cute, our brain "brings us back down to reality" by providing negative thoughts.  

 #toocute


Next week:  I'm gonna do some drawings from the New Years Eve party I attended. 

This is part of my "one drawing per week" project   PRESS HERE TO GET TO MY ONE DRAWING PER WEEK BLOG