Week #22

I was away for week 22, although I did send myself a little unfinished drawing on a postcard, but I haven't received it yet.  So I'll put this drawing into the week #22 even though technically I did it about a week later...

This is a fellow I noticed on a dock in Alaska, sitting by the cruise ships.  I don't know if he was a passenger, or it almost looks like he was a local fisherman, although he had a camera around his neck like tourists do.  As I got drawing him, I made him gruffer and gruffer - so now - I'm not sure what he looks like - maybe a Russian KGB with that fur hat haha. 

Once I started drawing him on the mylar, I realized although the paper fits my style well - for people, it's almost impossible for me to do dark backgrounds.  Maybe I have to try something different... I don't know yet, as I'm at the beginner stage here. 


So.... nice technique for scragginess, but no good for backgrounds I learned.