Back to the blog

Okay - I'm back now and its time to get back to real life.  We had a great time last month - my daughters were getting cold and rained on in Europe, and my husband and I were soaking up the heat wave in Alaska.  I took a lot of photos of people when I was there - that's the good news.  The bad news is - they are almost all out of focus!  That'll teach me to buy a new camera before going away.  Anyhow... that's maybe not bad news though, because I don't want my drawings to look like those people anyways, so I can "fill in the blanks" a lot and make the people the way I want.  It just takes a little less time when you copy from a picture though - because it cuts out the research (ie: where does this shadow go.... which way does the wrinkle go... etc)
Anyways.... lets see what I can post to catch up....