Drawing #14

Here's something crazy I've been working on.  I tired and tried to draw Sarah's baby Sebastien, but it just wasn't working - which shouldn't have been a surprise, because I don't do children all that well usually.  The drawing was initially a lot larger, and Sarah's top reminded me of sand on the beach, there were marks on her tummy that looked like waves - and the hand of course was the mountain - so basically by the time I was well into the drawing, it insisted that it was going to be a landscape.  By 3am, I couldn't fight any longer, and basically the baby won the argument (like they always do at 3am) and I said "okay then - you are going to be a landscape". 

I still didn't like it and I really had the urge to put in some color because babies are so mottled and are a strange combination of colors - so I gave in to that urge as well.  Okay - so now I'm done, and it still isn't working, but its as done as its going to be and I got it out of my system.  I won't have to do another baby, landscape or color picture in a very long time.  Can I get back to my bingo guys now???  Please?? (or maybe - just maybe that chicken I've had my eye on?)


Yes - this is in color.  Ouch - ouch - my eyes!